Friday, March 26, 2010

Hey what's that smell: No3 dirty city

I've just talked to a friend who told me that she would love to live in Paris cause people here are more polite etc. And that made me think about a third shock that I experienced in Paris - Paris is a dirty and disgusting city for all Sarmatians.

We'll do this awkwardly this time. I'll start by french reaction towards sarmatian city.
Before coming to Paris I had this friend who is a professor in Paris. She came to Vilnius for few weeks and she was mostly shocked by our cleanliness. One evening she told me "Mais vous êtes fous, même les clochards jettent ses bouteilles aux poubelles" (but you're crazy - even vagabonds through their bottles in to recycle bins).
So when I came to Paris I was really shocked by messy french life stile. The only nation that I knew until that time with same habits were gypsies who lived near Vilnius airport. In this capital of Europe streets are full of the well known "merde" which was described in detail it the book "One year in MERDE" (vieneri metai mesle). When you come to metro station you can't find a place to sit down cause all seats are taken by sleeping vagabonds.
I thought once: the sarmatian region has a lower living quality because of difficult soviet period, but why is there less bums in Lithuania than in France, and than I had a cruel idea: it's much colder in Lithuania than in France so it's possible that most of lithuanian bums die during the winter...

No comments:

Post a Comment